Competency Assessment - Process Timeline, Payment Schedule, and Cancellation Policy
Effective August 1, 2015
The UC San Diego PACE Program's Competency Assessment is a rigorous evaluation of a physician's ability to practice medicine safely. It is a highly customized evaluation specifically tailored to each individual physician's current (or intended) area of practice and the reason for referral. Therefore, the price and length of each evaluation will vary. However, most assessments will cost between $16,000 and $19,000 and be between 3-5 days in length.
- There is a non-refundable $350 processing fee due with the applications. The $350 will be applied towards the total assessment costs. This fee must be received before we will take any action on the case.
- Within 2 business days of receiving the application and non-refundable $350 application processing fee, PACE send the participant and/or referring party detailed instructions about the enrollment process.
- As part of the enrollment process PACE will request a $10,500 initial payment towards the total cost of the assessment. PACE will also request various types of background information from the participant and referring party (if applicable) to aid in the development of the scope and design of the assessment. Cancellation requests received at any point during the enrollment process are entitled to a full refund less the $350 application fee.
- Development of Individualized Physician Assessment Program Outline
- Once the $10,500 deposit and other requested background materials are received, the participant will be considered officially enrolled. PACE will then notify the participant (and/or referring party) of the official date of enrollment as well as the anticipated date of our next multidisciplinary case conference, where the participant's case will be reviewed in order to form an individualized Physician Assessment Program Outline. Cancellation requests received after the official date of enrollment, but prior to the multidisciplinary case conference, are eligible to receive a refund of $7,500.
- Remaining Balance Due
- Within 5 business days of the multidisciplinary case conference, PACE will send the participant (and/or referring party) the Individualized Physician Assessment Program Outline along with an invoice for the remaining balance due. The final costs of each Physician Assessment Program will not be determined until this review process occurs. Cancellation requests received after the multidisciplinary case conference are eligible to receive a refund of $5,000.
Scheduling of PACE Physician Assessment Program
- Once the remaining balance has been paid, PACE will begin working on the scheduling process. Once the schedule has been coordinated and confirmed, PACE will notify the participant for confirmation. CanceCancellation requests received during the scheduling process, but prior to the confirmation of the Physician Assessment being scheduled, are eligible to receive a refund of the remaining balance and $5,000 of the initial down payment.
- Confirmed Schedule of the Physician Assessment Program
- Once the schedule has been confirmed by all parties, PACE will send a schedule and assessment packet, which will contain all the important details about the evaluation, to the participant. Cancellation requests made after the schedule has been confirmed will be eligible for a refund according to the schedule below:
- A 50% refund (less $5,000 of the original deposit) will be issued for all cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the start of the assessment program.
- A 25%A 25% refund (less $5,000 of the original deposit) will be issued for all cancellations received less than 10, but mor than 1 business day prior to the start of the assessment.
- No refund will be issued for cancellations made less than 1 business day prior to the start of the assessment.
- There is a $1,000 rescheduling fee for all rescheduling requests received more than 10 business days prior to the assessment start.
- There is a $2,500 rescheduling fee for all rescheduling requests received less than 10, but greater than 1 business day prior to the assessment start date.
- No refunds will be issued to participants who fail to show up for their scheduled assessment.
- If the participant requests to be rescheduled following a "no-show", he or she will need to repay the entire cost of the program before being rescheduled.
- In order to be eligible for a refund, cancellation requests must be made in writing, either by email, facsimile, or letter. Telephonic cancellations will not be honored.
- For the purpose of this document, one business day means 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding all UC San Diego observed holidays. For a full list of UC San Diego observed holidays, please visit the following webpage:
- Extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on a case by case basis.