Course Dates and Status
|Start Date||End Date||Enrollment Cutoff||Status|
The Physician Prescribing Course is a two and one-half day small group CME program designed to improve the participant's prescribing behavior by providing education on the legal, biomedical and clinical aspects of prescribing drugs, especially controlled drugs. Topics in this course include:
- State Laws and Medical Board Guidelines for the Prescription of Controlled Drugs
- Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism
- Pharmacology of Sedatives, Narcotics, and Amphetamines
- Drug Interactions
- Patient Compliance
- Charting Drug Prescriptions
- Managing the "Difficult" Patient
- Critical Review of the Medical Literature
- Management of Chronic Pain
- Special Issues in Chronic Pain: Headache and Back Pain
The University of California, San Diego School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of California, San Diego School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 27.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.